Why Sociology?

 

Why are the students pursuing Sociology at the Master’s level? What do students expect from teachers?

 

Hello,

I am Prakash Nepal, student of Humanities and social science at Kavre multiple Campus Budol, Banepa. I have passed Bachelor of Arts in 2072 B.S. from Tribhuvan University. I have studied some concepts of social theories, contribution of sociologists and their theories which pushed me to complete Master degree In the field sociology. I want to enhance my knowledge regarding Nepalese society, Custom, Traditions, rituals, class, caste, religions and international societies too.

Some other push factors dragged me to this faculty are listed below:

1. I have found that sociology is the only faculty that includes research topics in every semesters and I am eager to conduct a social research in coming days.

2. To understand society sociological theories in broad sense and contribution of different sociologists in the field of sociology.

3. One of my objectives of pursuing sociology is to become lecturer of sociology in renowned university.

4. To contribute nation in the field of development.

5. To obtain knowledge of theories and methods of research through field work and secondary data analysis.

6. To develop professional skills in both theory and research.

 

Expectation from teachers

Teachers may play key role to develop quality skilled manpower in the field of development.

1. I expect that my subject teacher will assist me for preparing term papers, pre-board and board exam in efficient way.

2. I want my teachers to take regular classes with interactions programmes together which uplift my capacity in the field of sociology.

3. I have found that compendium are vast to understand so that I want my teacher follow modern techniques, multimedia teaching system which is beneficial and easy to understand subject matter.

4. Teacher may invite visitor professor of related subject matters occasionally.

5. Teacher may conduct field visit program related to subject matters which enhance in teaching learning process.

6. Teachers are bridge for college administration and students for conducting social awareness program against anti social activities like corruption, dowry system, child labor human rights and other community based program, clean and green environment program like Afforestation program, cleaning, rivers, streams, historical and religious sites, blood donation  program etc.

5. Teachers may involve in social organization and suggest student to join different social organization such as Nepal Red cross society, Human right associations, Nepal scouts etc.

6. Activating students in the field of (natural disaster landslide, flood, Hurricane, fire earthquake) rescue operations.

7. Teachers may play vital role in developing leadership, capacity development of students.

8. Proper guidance for choosing political parties for students.

 

Comments